My mom made a last minute trip to come visit us. Continental.com occasionally has last minute round trip flight specials that come out on Tuesday before the weekend that the flight is available for - they do this whenever they don't fill up flights all the way so mom was able to get a round trip flight from Knoxville to Houston for $179 - a ton cheaper than it normally is!
Sterling had to work from home over the weekend but it was good to spend time with my mom and give him time to catch up on all of his work and have my mom there to help us with meals and baby prep stuff. Mom and I saved up our Babies R Us coupons and waited for the weekend sale and were able to get the crib and changer/dresser that we registered for at 30% off :) Mom and I like our deals and I'm lucky because likes to spoil me and her future grandbaby :) Sterling got a truck from home depot and brought home the furniture and then our neighbors helped him move them from the truck into our house. We also got a pack and play from Target. The one that we ended up choosing was blue and brown and owl-themed. There were a ton of cute pink ones that we liked but we figured it would be better to be practical and get something gender neutral since this is our first baby and eventually down the road we might choose to have more kids. Later in the day, Sterling put our crib together and I helped with the hardware and to stabilize the pieces :) And then mom and I worked on the pack and play, though it was pretty much already assembled except for the mobile and changer attachment. Here are some pictures:
Little Owls :)
Mom and her grandpups :)
Mom sitting and holding part of the crib
Sterling hard at work :) I love him.
Such a great husband and already shaping up to be a great daddy!
Dresser/Changer
Crib :)
On Tuesday, I had another doctor appointment. I had to do my gestational diabetes 1-hour test which basically just entailed not eating for an hour before the appointment, then drinking this sugary drink that had 75 grams of carbs in it, and then an hour later they drew some blood to measure my sugar and insulin levels. I'll get the results of that test back later in the week. Other than that, the nurse took my vitals and listened to fetal heart tones (her heart rate was 145 bpm today) and then Dr. Swaim talked with me about pain management options during labor. I already knew what all was available to me and safe for baby but it definitely made everything a little more real - almost like it just now really hit me that I'm going to be going into labor and have to deliver a baby in 3 or so months. Kind of scary, kind of exciting, mostly just craziness to me! So hard for me to be able to wrap my head around it all. Sterling's stance on everything is kind of like "Yep in three more months I'll be driving us to the hospital and you'll deliver us a little baby and it will be fun" and meanwhile - even though I completely agree that it will be a beautiful happy day and we will finally get to meet her and she'll to meet all of our family and I get to see Sterling holding her, and I can't wait for all of that - I also get all of these fleeting panicky thoughts of "MAN I wish he were having the baby instead!!!!! He's so calm about all of this!!!! AHHH!!" lol. And the reality and excitement of it all sinks in a little more each day as I see the numbers on the scale go up and the inches of my belly increasing :) Here are some recent bump pictures:
How all of my pre-pregnancy tank tops are fitting these days, haha
So incredibly ROUND!!!!
- J&S
I love getting to know you and Sterling by reading these updates. I saw the owl print in a freind's nursery and loved it. Go Rice Owls!
ReplyDelete