Hey all,
Yesterday we had another doctor's appointment and follow-up ultrasound. Sterling's mom Tammy and his grandmother Eva Jo came down to go to both of them with us :) It was great to visit with family for the day and to be able to show them our little baby in 4D real time :)
The doctor's appointment was just a routine appointment - checking the baby's heart rate, my blood pressure, weight gain, fundal measurements, etc. Dr. Swaim said my gestational diabetes glucose tolerance test came back normal so that was good news and she also recommended a pediatrician for us to check out, as you have to have your pediatrician picked out a month before delivery. The baby's heart rate was ~146 bpm and sounded nice and strong. As far as weight gain goes, I've packed on 25 pounds so far. On my home scale, I started at 134 and now I'm at 159 lbs. At the doctor's office, I started at 138 and now I'm at 163. I obviously like the smaller numbers of my home scale better but either way, I'm up 25 pounds which is still on track for where my doctor wants me to be. It's the largest I've ever been in my life so it's pretty alarming seeing myself so big but I keep trying to remind myself it's temporary and it's healthy for me and healthy for Baby Cummings :)
After the doctor's appointment, we headed over to the Maternal/Fetal Center for our ultrasound, which went really well! The two smaller subchorionic hematomas have resorbed and are gone :) And the larger hematoma is located within the placenta (rather than behind the placenta) so it is not as big of an issue anymore and isn't interfering with the baby's growth and development :) The specialist didn't see any reason to order another follow-up ultrasound so unless Dr. Swaim orders another one for whatever reason, this was our last ultrasound before our little girl makes her debut :) So all of that was great news and relieving to hear that our little one is doing well! I'll be glad to be able to get out and about a little more, still a little bummed about not being able to exercise and having to "ease" around (anyone who knows me knows it's not in my nature!! lol) , but it's only for a little while longer...soon we will have our little baby and I'll be able to work on getting all this weight off and fitting into normal clothes again :)
Right now, the baby weighs 2 pounds and 12 ounces. Last month she was 1 pound and 7 ounces so she has close to DOUBLED her weight in just four short weeks! No wonder I've been so hungry!! They didn't tell us where she was height wise (and we forgot to ask), but for weight she is in the 70th percentile so she is growing nicely :) It had been a while since I had eaten when we got the ultrasound done so she was napping and wasn't moving around a ton. She was curled up with her arms around her head/face. We got to see her blink several times and she was also practicing breathing and opening/closing her mouth - that was pretty cute to see :) We still can't really tell who she looks most like yet, we'll have to wait till she arrives before making those assertions- but she definitely has her daddy's feet! :) My sister Janna thinks she has my lips - but I think she might be a little biased, haha. Regardless, Sterling and I think she is already perfect and she will be a beautiful baby. All of the women of the family are going to have a fun time playing dress up with her. Tammy bought us a lot of cute little baby dresses from the Polo baby outlet - I can't wait to see her in all of them :) :) :) And Eva Jo bought us our big crib set so the nursery is coming together! I will take some pictures of those things once I get the sheets washed and everything put on the bed :)
After our appointment, we all grabbed dinner at Lupe Tortilla off of Southwest Freeway and that was really good. Then we went home and scrutinized the latest episode of the Bachelorette and I ended up falling asleep on Sterling on the couch. All in all, it was a great day and visit! Always good to see family and have visitors :)
Here are some pictures of our little love from her ultrasound:

teeny tiny foot



opening her little mouth



I'll post some pictures of my belly and of the nursery and clothing soon. Hope all is well with everyone!- J & S
No comments:
Post a Comment