Hello All,
After a lot of thought and discussion (and brooding and worrying and praying), we decided it was best for me to leave my job and stay at home to attend to health issues. It was a very hard decision to make and I'm still trying to resolve all of the resulting emotions. On one hand, I know that this is the right decision for us with all of the health concerns that have popped up and the stress that accompanies all of that...it was just becoming too much to manage. On the other hand, I can't help but feeling that I'm letting everyone down - my boss, my awesome coworkers, my little clients and their parents whom I'm going to miss so much; also my husband and family. I know that I can contribute in other ways and my #1 job is to make sure I'm doing all in my power to grow a healthy baby - that is definitely our top priority. I just don't want it to cause more stress for Sterling. Of course, he laughs when I tell him this and tells me he is relieved I'm at home now...that it will simplify everything and he doesn't have to worry about me driving and/or getting in an accident (which could easily cause the hematomas to grow larger and become more of an issue). Sterling is just such a blessing, he's definitely my rock through all of this - pregnancy has been a lot harder and a lot more to think about and plan for than what I had ever imagined. Overall, staying at home right now was the right decision for us to make, but definitely not an easy one. My boss was really understanding and supporting of our decision and told me that I was welcome to come back after the birth of our little girl if I wanted to, so that brought me a lot of peace of mind. We'll just have to see what God has planned.
In the mean time, I've been entertaining myself with anything that I can...computer, tv, cuddling with my dogs in the bed or sometimes on the couch to switch up my scenery....yeah, that's basically been it. Oh! And calling our health insurance company and haggling with them on a daily basis...and then calling my family and pestering them to come and visit us (since I can't go anywhere and spending 630 am-730 pm by myself has been pretty lonely!). I'm hoping that our next ultrasound goes well and that I'll be able to exercise and get out more and do things. I'm thinking about trying to find a pregnancy and/or first time moms group/class to join so that I can find some people who are going through similar life changes...hopefully I can do that sometime before October! Other than that, Sterling and I have signed up for an online childbirth class with our hospital, so they are sending us our workbook and access code in the mail and then we will go through the course and videos online through our hospital's website :)
My little couch snoozing companions
These pictures are from last week before my confinement
Anyways, that's the latest. Thanks for all of your support and prayers.
Jenn
No comments:
Post a Comment