Tuesday, August 24, 2010

32 weeks, 4 days

Hey Y'all,

We had a doctor's appointment last week and everything went well with that. Pretty short and standard appointment. Things that have changed recently : I'm putting on weight at a faster rate - about 1-1.5 pounds per week; the baby's movements are getting much stronger (but feel more like knees and elbows rather than hands and feet); and I've been getting a lot more frequent Braxton Hicks contractions - which (for those that may not know) are basically just practice contractions, functioning in keeping the uterine muscle toned leading up to the big event! I've read online that they aren't really suppose to be painful per se, however I'm not going to lie and say they are just like a muscle twitch. Some of them just kind of feel like a sudden rush of uncomfortable pressure in different areas of my stomach; others are a combination of the pressure along with a kind of a stinging/stabbing sensation. Makes me kind of pause in my tracks for a few seconds, but it's not unmanageable. Dr. Swaim checked me to make sure I hadn't started dilating and everything was good - so hopefully Baby C will stay in there a while longer and keep growing as big as she needs to be! I *kind of* hope she decides to do more of her growing OUTSIDE of me than INSIDE so that my belly (and other parts that undergo trauma with the childbirth process!) can stay as close to the original state as possible, haha :) We don't think she will be a large baby since neither of us were statistically large babies, but only time will tell!
Here is a belly picture I took yesterday, kind of bad quality but we'll take some better ones later on, maybe this weekend if we get the chance. Up 33 pounds and counting! Anywhere from 5-8 weeks to go.

-S & J

No comments:

Post a Comment