Thursday, October 8, 2009

We are closing on our first house!

Jenn and I are both very happy because we are closing with Perry homes on our first house! The house is the one that I've mentioned (and Jenn has mentioned as our "nest") on previous posts. It is located in the Lakeshore subdivision, about 20-25 minutes north of downtown on 59 and beltway 8, on the west bank of Lake Houston. We look forward to running the trails with the puppies - and I'm sure that they look forward to playing in the yard.

We plan on closing in two weeks so we will have to get packin' this weekend. We got Perry homes to install a sprinkler system and wave the title insurance, but we will still be on the hunt for a refrigerator, washer, dryer, and a mower. And also for some window coverings. We will also have to run up there this weekend and read through/sign contracts, get a home inspector out there to take a look etc.

Other than that exciting news, work has been going well. I was excited today because I found out that we subscribe to a weather data service (WCG : Weather Commodity Group). That means that I will have data to feed my economic price forecasting models - which is one less thing that I have to ask Texla to pay for in order for me to do my job :)

We went to Cafe Rabelais in the Rice Village for dinner to celebrate. We split a really good beef tenderloin/mashed potatoes/green bean dish and a small cheese platter. Neither of us really liked the cheese platter - they were all pretty bitter tasting. But the wine and beer were very good, and we actually got them free tonight because some other patron (an older woman) came up to us and was asking us if she could buy us a bottle of wine so that her party could move to our table....the manager saw her and came over and told her she couldn't harass us and then comped our beverages for the evening, which we both liked :)

That's all for now. We will post some pictures of our house when it is officially - in writing - OURS!

-Sterling

3 comments:

  1. How did the home inspection go?
    Are they installing the sprinkler system before you guys sign, or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. send me the new address asap

    ReplyDelete