Friday, September 25, 2009

Update since the wedding...(Sterling)

Hey guys. Married life is going great, we are both enjoying it a lot. The honeymoon in Cancun was awesome and we've been working hard on getting into a routine with work and home life. I am extremely lucky to have Jennifer as a wife. She has very good values and is a lot of fun and we balance each other out very well :-)

I recently got a job with Texla Energy Management where I am a transport analyst / scheduler / fundamental analyst. I am responsible for the efficient pathing of our gas on our existing transportation contracts as well as finding new opportunities in the market and predicting more macro trends in price spreads in the gulf region. So far, I really like it a lot and I enjoy working downtown. I like my coworkers as well. Jenn and I have made some friends with some young couples from work so it has been fun going out with and getting to know them.

Right now, we are looking at buying a home in the northeast part of Houston where 59 meets beltway 8. We looked at a community called Fall Creek and both liked it a lot. It looks like it is very safe and it is a master-planned community so they keep all the riff-raff out (except for us I guess...). We also really like the Lake Shore community which is just a bit east of Fall Creek and borders the south west side of Lake Houston. It is newer than Fall Creek and smaller. The houses in Fall Creek and Lake Shore both have homes that are 4 sides brick which I think makes them look very nice. We are looking at possibly making an offer on one in Lakeshore over this weekend, we are pretty excited.

I have recently discovered Pandora which is a very cool website where you can enter an artist or song you like and they will automatically find similar songs / artists and play them for you in CD quality. My favorite stations are Soundgarden (which plays alot of 90's grunge alt hard rock like Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, Temple of the Dog, Alice in Chains, and Pearl Jam) and Josh Abbott Band (which plays alot of Texas Country music).

Over this weekend, we went to Laff Stopwith Adalia, Erik, and Jake (I work with Adalia and Jake, and Erik is Adalia's fiance). Adalia had won free tickets and invited us all to go. Jenn, Jake and I were sitting on the front row... so we got harassed a little bit. Overall we had a lot of fun and plan on going back, especially since they often give out free tickets.

In other news/events, I'm glad that they are shutting down ACORN and that the US, Britain, and France walked out on Iran at the G20 summit. That's all until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment