Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pregnancy Update - 18 weeks, 5 days

Hey Y'all!

Baby Cummings is 18 weeks and 5 days in the making - the bun in the oven is definitely cookin' on high now :) I feel like every morning when I look in the mirror my belly has grown another inch outwards!! I must have one healthy little baby in there!


My sister bought us a doppler recently to listen to the baby's heartbeat and that has been pretty fun for us to do :) We got paranoid the first time we were playing with it because we thought we heard two different heart beats but it was probably just a combination of echos and Sterling's vivid imagination :)

We have our next ultrasound scheduled for Wednesday, June 2nd and we are planning on finding out the sex of the baby! We are both very excited! I am so excited for Sterling to see our little one in action - the last time he saw the baby was during our first ultrasound at ~8 weeks when it pretty much looked like an immovable gummy bear :) When I saw it at 12 weeks, I was so amazed by how much it already looked like a little person and how much it had developed in 4 short weeks! Let alone how much it could already move - it was zooming around in there like crazy!! I can't hardly wait to see how it's progressed in 8+ weeks time! I hope we are able to have a 3D or 4D ultrasound done this time - if you haven't seen what that technology can do,watch this clip. It is fascinating to see and I really hope that we are able to see as much! But even if we only have a 2D ultrasound, you can still see significant progress and movement and features on those :) During my next doctor's visit, I'm going to ask Dr. Swaim if she can list my dad as the consulting radiologist on my ultrasound orders so that they send all of the pictures and film that they take to him to read as well - that way we will be able to have more than just the couple of pictures that they give you as you are leaving :) I was a little sad last time when they took all of these awesome pictures of all of the baby's features and then I only got to take three side shots home with me to show Sterling. Thankfully, this time he'll be able to take the afternoon off of work and come with me to see it live in action. And hopefully we can swing having my dad listed on the orders so we'll get a copy of everything for our baby album and sharing with friends and family! Mwhaha :)

Janna also posted some pictures on my facebook of my mom during her first pregnancy with my older brother David. I thought they were pretty neat and I'd share with y'all. It was 1977 and my mom was 19 years old :)

my mom (above) and my sister Janna (below)

It's amazing how much my sister Janna favors my mom. I definitely have some of my Donna in me but I think I favor my dad's mom Mimi and his sisters Debbie and Lisa the most out of any of my family members. Maybe next time I'm visiting Huntsville (Alabama) I can whip out some of mimi's old pictures :)

This past Saturday we went out to Quattro for a nice dinner date. Quattro was the restaurant Sterling took me to on the night we got engaged :) The food was delicious and it was nice to have a quiet romantic dinner together. We are trying to get in as many date nights as we can before the baby gets here and our main restaurants are loud, cheap and family friendly, haha :) Here are some pictures:





We hope you all are doing well!
J & S

2 comments:

  1. For Sterling & Jennifer:

    "No woman is ever so full of love
    as when she is carrying a child.
    Whether she planned the circumstances
    or not, she is trapped—literally locked
    into a remarkable role:
    that of carrying love.
    Man’s love, her love, God’s love,
    all joined—united to fashion
    this precious product: life!
    Life, the literal fruit of love.”

    from A Time to Love by Marjorie Holmes,1976.

    May you enjoy the rich blessings
    of this special time
    as you prepare for Baby Cummings.
    David & K Cummings Pipes, 2010

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look like mom, and you look like Mimi, but who the heck does Jes look like?? lol

    ReplyDelete