Thursday, April 22, 2010

Baby Shower & Routine Doctor Appt

Hey y'all,

We had our first baby shower last weekend and our 15 week checkup this week. The baby shower was thrown by some of my swim girls for myself and another former Rice swimmer who is also expecting and due any day now. It was really nice to catch up with everyone and the games at the shower were pretty entertaining :) In the first game, all of the girls made playdoh babies and the mommies-to-be were the judges. We picked Erin's orange playdoh baby as the winner. The second game was baby pictionary - it was pretty funny to see what people drew and what people guessed. I drew the word "collic" and miserably failed at drawing it, haha. I drew a baby crying and a thermometer to convey that it was sick but no dice, tough word! Some of the other words were crib, bath time, breast pump, first words, and first steps so some of those definitely warranted some interesting drawings :) The third and final game was the candy bar diaper smelling game- Angela rocked it and guessed all 5 diapers correctly. I got 4/5 right. The only one I missed was Hershey's with Almonds (I just put Hershey's). Nevertheless, I was pretty impressed with my junk food knowledge, ha. At the end, we ate cake and opened gifts. The girls gave Sterling and I some books, gift cards, bath toys, a soft little blanket, and a baby swim trainer that will prevent the baby's head from ever going under water :) We look forward to putting all of our gifts to good use when the baby arrives. The shower was a lot of fun and good to see everyone again! Here are some pictures:

Sterling in action during the Candy bar diaper game
Keri and Carly during Baby Pictionary
Me, Allyson, Angela, & Erin
Make a playdoh baby contest

Me and Sterling :)


Small baby bump!

14 weeks, 2 days; 135 pounds

I went for my 15 week check up with Dr. Swaim today. Everything is looking good with the baby and coming right along. The heart beat was 147 bpm and I have put on 1 pound :) We will be going for our next doctor's visit around 19 weeks and our next ultrasound at 20 weeks. We are ready to know what baby Cummings is so we can get to registering and decorating our nursery and picking out a name for our little one :)

That's all for now!
Blessings,
J & S

No comments:

Post a Comment